Search : 


Q. Who all are eligible to apply for a housing scheme in AWHO?

(a) Regular Army Personnel - (i) All Ranks serving on Regular terms/ Short Service at the time of acceptance of application. (ii) All Ranks who have retired having put in minimum of 5 years of service.

(b) Medical Officers who on getting commission become members of the Army Officers Benevolent Fund and have not registered for/allotted a DU by AFNHB.

(c) Army Postal Service - Serving Personnel of the APS who have served a minimum of 10 years of service in the Army or have retired directly from APS without reverting back to the parent unit after atleast ten years of service.

(d) Territorial Army - Only Serving officers commissioned in the Territorial Army and have been on mobilization for at least 10 years continuously. Retired officers are not eligible to apply. However, PBORs (serving continuously for 10 years) are also eligible for specific schemes as announced from time to time.

(e) Widows of serving retired army personnel who are in receipt of pension from CDA (P) Allahabad.

(g) Employees of AWHO who have rendered a minimum of 10 years of service in the organization.

(h) Parents of unmarried Fatal Battle Casualties who are in receipt of pension from CDA (P) Allahabad.

Q. What are Spot Schemes/ Annual Registration Schemes/ Demand Surveys? What is the difference between the two? Are there any prescribed formats for applying?

Spot Schemes - New Schemes are initially open for a limited period of time (usually 2-3 months) and are called Spot Schemes. All applications received during the specified period (spot of time) are considered at par. A combined computerized draw is conducted for fixation of seniority. Application format

Annual Registration Schemes - Once the last date of a Spot Scheme is over the scheme gets converted into Annual Registration Scheme. Seniority for the applications received under Annual Registration is fixed as per the date of Demand Draft. The applicants are placed in the wait list if all units stand allotted. Application format for Spot/Annual Scheme is common.

Demand Survey Schemes
- To check the viability of taking up a project in a station Demand Surveys are conducted. If the response is good, efforts are made to acquire land to start the project. Application format

Q. How can one get the Application Form AH-30/Master Brochure?

Send Rs.100/- by Postal Order or DD to obtain Master Brochure containing Application form by registered post or collect locally from Project Manager's office or from HQ AWHO New Delhi on cash payment of Rs.50/-. Form can also be downloaded from our website in which case applicants will have to remit Rs.100/- extra by demand draft/postal order while sending their applications for the Master Brochure which will be despatched to them later on.

Q. What supporting documents are required with the Application Form & who is countersigning authority?

(a) Serving Officers/JCOs/OR - No supporting document is required. Application form and photograph should be countersigned/ attested by the Commanding Officer.

(b) Ex-Servicemen For retired personnel getting pension - A copy of PPO and non-pensioner having completed five years of service - Record of Service showing date of Commission/Enrolment & date of release

(c) Widows/Parents of Fatal Battle Casualties - Copy of PPO, Death Certificate, Age Proof (if applying for widow category) and Battle Casualty Return (where applicable)

For retired Personnel/Widows/Parents the authority for attesting/countersigning the Application form & supporting documents is Station/Area HQ and Zila Sainik Board.

Age Proof
1. School leaving certificate
2. Middle class certificate
3. Matriculation certificate
4. Birth certificate issued by Municipality
    (however, mere extract of registration of birth will not be accepted)
5. ECHS card
6. Passport

Q. Can a local/Multicity cheque/cash be given against Registration-cum Application fee? Is this amount adjusted in the cost of DU

No, the Registration-cum Application fee should be given only in form of Demand Draft in favour of 'MD AWHO' payable at New Delhi. The cost of DU is inclusive of Regn fee & land cost.

Q. Can we send application by post/through courier?

Applicants are advised to send the applications by registered/speed post and not by courier since courier personnel are not allowed inside Kashmir House complex.

Q. What, if both husband and wife are eligible any AWHO scheme?

Where both are eligible, only one of them can apply.

Q. JCOs/OR can apply for what type of Dwelling Units?

JCOs/OR can apply only for SFA, MDA & DXA units.

Q. In how many schemes one can apply?

A person can apply in one Regular Scheme + Stations open as additional/second DU and also for more than one Demand Survey scheme

Q. Are AWHO Allottees eligible to apply in new schemes?

AWHO allottees can only apply in stations where registration is open for additional DU. Also, they can apply in Demand Survey Stations where Hostel Type Accommodations are planned.

Q. Can one apply in more than one Demand Survey?

Yes, but for each station one has to give separate application with a draft of Rs.10,000/- each.

Q. Does one get any interest on the registration amount if one applies in Demand Survey?

No interest is given on the registration amount. However, 2% handling charges will be deducted if a registrant takes a premature withdrawal i.e. before a period of 3 years from the receipt of application.

Q. How does one get priority in Demand Survey if a person is already owning an AWHO unit?

Priority I :- Person not owning a AWHO unit and applied during the period of Demand Survey (initial 3 months)
Priority II :- Person not owning a AWHO unit and applied after closing of Demand Survey
Priority III :- Those who are owning a AWHO unit and applied in the Demand Survey period (initial 3 months)
Priority IV :- Those who are owning a AWHO unit and applied after closing of Demand Survey period

Q.. Is there any chance of getting allotment if one applies in wait listed station?

Allotment will be against withdrawal/cancellation, if any, on seniority basis. Seniority is fixed on the basis of date of demand draft. Waitlisted applicants get priority over fresh applicants under Spot scheme if new scheme/phase is planned in that station.

Q.How can one change the Choice Station or Type of DU? Will the seniority be carried forwarded?

Before Booking letter is issued change of Station and type of Dwelling Unit is permitted throughout the year. After first change, the second change can be allowed only after six months of first change. Fresh Seniority will be assigned which will be fixed on the date of receipt of request letter.

Q. Can one upgrade/downgrade Dwelling Unit and what will be the seniority?

Upgradation of Dwelling Unit in the same station will be permitted throughout the year.

(i) Confirmed Category in lower DU to confirmed allotment in any higher DU.

(ii) Waitlisted Category in lower DU to confirmed allotment in higher DU.

(iii) Waitlisted Category in lower DU to waitlisted in higher DU.

The date of seniority for change will be the date of receipt of application.

Q. What if a registrant wants to take premature withdrawals prior/after to the issue of booking letter?

Before issue of Booking letter - A registrant can take premature withdrawal at any time. 2% would be deducted as handling charge from the registration fee. No interest will be paid on the registration amount if the withdrawal is within one year of registration.

After issue of Booking letter - Allottee shall be liable to forfeit amount as given below:-
(i) SFA, MDA & equivalent (1/2 BHK) - Rs.10,000/-

(ii) DXA, EA & SDA (3 BHK) - Rs.20,000/-

(iii) LXA/DA, Penthouses & DSUs (4 BHK & above) - Rs.25,000/-

Q. Do we give any preference on allotment of specific floor to an allottee suffering from any disabilities?

No preferences are given to any allottee suffering from disabilities, on medical ground, and old age of parents etc. However preference is given only to an allottee who is a battle casualty having 100% disability.

Q. What has to be done for change of Address/Rank?

Registrants are requested to kindly write simple application for change of Address/ Rank so that record can be updated accordingly.

Q. How to change the registration on demise of the registrant to the NOK?

In case of death of the registrant NOK should approach AWHO for the change of registration of Dwelling Unit or allotment in his/her name with required legal documents.

Q. How much interest do AWHO charge if the payment of installment is delayed after due date?

If any installment is not paid by the due date, interest @ 10% p.a (presently applicable) for the period of delay will be charged.

Q. How much rebate does one get if the installment is made by due date or earlier?

A rebate of 1% on the amount of any installment is given if payment is made timely before due date or earlier. If whole payment ie the entire cost of Dwelling Unit is paid within 80 days of booking letter then 4% rebate is given. 3% rebate is given to those who have paid 1st installment and balance entire cost of DU is paid within 150 days from the date of issuing the Booking Letter or as announced for a specific project.

Q. How much time does it take to get refund of registration deposit/ installment paid in case of withdrawal?

(a) Before issue of Booking Letter - 6 to 8 weeks.

(b) After issue of Booking Letter - Upto 6 months.

Q. How to get a duplicate copy of receipt (payment of installment, etc.) if an allottee has misplaced or didn't receive the original copy of receipt.

Duplicate copy of receipt is sent to the members only after getting a written request from the allottee.

Q. Can a DU allotted by AWHO be sold? If yes, to whom?

(a) The allottee who is serving may be permitted to sell his dwelling unit to any category after three years from the date of possession of dwelling unit provided DU has been registered with local authorities i.e. conveyance deed executed. However, an allottee who is retired may be permitted to sell his dwelling unit after one year from the date of possession or the date of retirement whichever is later.

(b) In the case of demise of an allottee there would be no time restrictions imposed on the sale of dwelling unit by the successor of the deceased allottee.

Prior permission in writing is mandatory for sale/transfer of DU.

Q. What all documents are required for an allottee from AWHO in order to take loan?

An allottee has to produce the pre-sanction letter of the loaning agencies and request letter asking for NOC for mortgaging the property, if the loan is being taken from agencies other than AG's/AGIF branch. If the bank requires Tripartite Agreement then, it should be typed on a stamp paper of value as per the discretion of loaning agency. The format of Tripartite Agreement should be as given below:-

(a) HBA from AG's Branch - As per format of AG's branch

(b) HBA from AGIF - As per format of AGIF

(c) Loan from any other agency - As per format of AWHO, which is also given in website.

Frequently Asked Questions
Copyright 2010 AWHO All rights reserved.

Browser compatibility IE 7.0 onwards, Mozilla 3.6,
Google Chrome, Safari. Best viewed in 1024 x 768 .