1. Jai Jawan Awas Yojna Secunderbad was advertised for registration on 22 Mar 2010 with tentative cost of Jai Jawan Apartment as Rs 10 lakhs. However, the project could not take off due to reasons beyond the control of AWHO. Now, all the necessary clearances have been obtained from various authorities.
2. In the last few years, a lot of items have become mandatory due to changes in by-laws and user requirements. These are : provision of DUs for Economical Weaker Sections, Community halls, Society offices, commercial shopping areas, standby power, sewage treatment plants, rain water harvesting, better specifications (vitrified tiles, points for washing machine, geysers, ACs and so on), water treatment plants and car parkings. All these add to the overall cost of DUs. Cost of labour and material is also increasing day by day. Keeping all these points in view, the cost of JJAY DUs at Secunderabad is likely to be below Rs 20 lakhs for 740 sq ft construction. The exact figure shall be known only when building tenders are opened.
* 240 DUs of approx 730 sq ft super area are planned in addition to Community Hall, Convenience Shops, Society Office and mandatory EWS/LIG units.
* Plans have been approved by local authority.
* Tender documents are being prepared.
Planning is in progress to cater for approx 70% to 80% car parks in stilt for which additional cost of approx 10% to 12% will be involved to the allottees of the car park. For balance allottees, two wheeler parking at the scale of one per DU, shall be catered for. Confirmation/ comments from the allottees are invited.